Stay at Home Crazy has donned me with the Liebster Award. How cool is that??? I feel so honored. She must really like me because last year she gave me this award too. (If you want to check that post out and see if anything has changed in a year, CLICK HERE.) So now, in return, I have to follow through on what comes with the award.
And here is what the winners must do:
- Thank the Liebster Award presenter(s) on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented it to you
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Present the award to 5 or 11 blogs that deserve to be noticed.
- Let them know they've been presented with the Liebster Award.
- Answer 11 questions posed by the presenter.
- Eat some dark chocolate. It has anti-oxidants in it. It will cure what ails you. Unless you are allergic to chocolate. Then skip 7.
So here goes........
1) A huge thank you and much love to Stay at Home Crazy for this award. Muah!!!! Thanks to this award, I have a reason to blog..... Well I guess I have many reasons to blog, but lately putting my thoughts together is just not happening. I blame my gabapentin and FMS for this horrible brain fog!
2) ↑ I did that above, click her AUSOME blog name ↑
3) Yup, did that too. (see top of blog)
4) And now for my list of blogs: Wow, I have met so many wonderful ppl in just the last year of this.... So this list may be a bit long!
- Four Sea Stars
- Homestyle Mama with a Side of Autism
- Deciphering Morgan
- Spouse, Kids and Special Needs Aren't Things Issued in a Seabag
- To Autism With Love
- Captain Jacktastic
- Autism Family Circus
- Autism Art Project
- Fasten Her Seat Belt
5) I guess I will do that when I finish this post!
6) Here goes, bear with me!
- What, if anything, is completely off limits as far as blog topics for you? NOTHING! I post what comes to mind, and about our life. I do leave my inlaws out of posts out of respect for their privacy. Other than that, it's fair game here!
- What is your favorite sound? That's easy! The sound of Liam ASLEEP ;) Or rain on a tin roof, I love that sound too!
- If you could go back and talk to your 15 year old self, what one piece of information/advice would you share? Don't talk to your parents like that! You will be a parent one day, and you will realize they aren't being "mean" they are loving you and doing what is best for you. You will HATE it when your child speaks to you like that!
- How did you end up doing what you do today? (If you're a SAHM, what made you choose that vs. going back to work? If you work a paying job, how did you end up in the field you are in?) At first it was by choice. I was a SAHM while pita worked. Then he became injured and now I was a SAHM and a nurse. Then the older Liam got, and the more his behaviors increased there was no choice but for me to stay home. Especially once he wasn't able to attend public school. I then took on the role of his teacher as well. Now with my health problems, I really can't work. So I am a SAHM, a teacher and a nurse. My plate is FULL!
- What is your guilty pleasure? A Nap! I love to take naps, and there are days I HAVE to nap bc the chronic fatigue part of my illness makes me unable to stay awake. I always feel guilty when I need to take a nap. Like I may miss something cute that Liam does, or I'm not giving him enough attention. (I know, cray cray!)
- What's your favorite candy? Anything chocolate! I LOVE chocolate!
- What prompted you to start your blog? Our life. When the Dr. said Liam had autism, pita and I were blown away. It just wasn't on our radar. Then certain people started complaining I was using facebook too much to vent, ( I unfriended those a holes) so I started my blog so I could speak my mind. It actually was a great release for me at first. Free therapy ;)
- Do you have a favorite food? If so, what? Hawaiian Pizza, Pizza Hut stuffed crust supreme and chinese food ;)
- If you had to pick 1 thing to change about yourself, what would it be? My weight. Due to my illnesses I have put on a lot of weight. They are working to get my thyroid under control, but even then I am so tired and weak I don't leave my chair much unless it's housework or something Liam needs.
- What physical attribute do you like most about yourself? Seriously??? I have to answer this??? I guess my smile. I once had someone tell me that when I smiled, my whole face lit up..... So I guess if I had to chose, that is my choice :)
- Do you still live where you grew up? If not, how far away are you from your hometown? No, well kinda. I live about 20 minutes away from the first town we lived in. In the 5th grade we then moved to a neighboring town (where my parents still live) so I live about 35 minutes from there :) I would love to move back to Florida though. Living only 20-30 minutes from Clearwater beach was so nice! I miss it very badly!
That is it for me. And so I pass on the torch :)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥