Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This too shall pass....

Whew! My head is still spinning from the events of the weekend, and just when I thought things would calm down this week, I was made to face the fact that once again, I was wrong!!! (Yeah, I admitted it, as much as I don't like to :))
So Saturday was lil man's big 6 party that we put off so hubs could be there. It was a great day! All those kiddos had a blast, and the smiles all over their lil faces was reward enough for all my hard work! LJ even told me, "it was the bestest party ever momma!" Now, thats a compliment!

I can't believe his is 6 already!!!! Where has the time gone????

Wonder what he wished for????

Sunday was the Valley Autism Walk in Athens. It was a hot, but great day! I got to meet some new autism parents, and finally put some faces with names. Even hubs was able to go, as our friend's Nicki and Thomas brought over the electric wheel chair so he could take part. I even won something!!! I never win! I won a beautiful puzzle piece photo album and doll made by my friend Cassie and her momma. The best part.......
A Legion for Liam, with the help of my momma and daddy, and LJ's TSS Krista, raised 560$ for Autism Hearts! We were so proud of our lil man!!!!

That afternoon, I left hubs to take a nap, and took Liam with some friends for a swim at the creek. Well, hubs had some "episodes". I will NEVER leave him alone again. In the process, he bent the handle on my stove and cut up his nose :( At 11 Sunday nite, an ambulance was here. Oddly enough his BP went from Low to normal, and he felt fine. He refused to go to the hospital and called his doc Mon. am. Since he had an appt on Tues, he didn't go in. Monday he was fine. Ate well, drank lots of water, said he felt fine. Last nite at about 10:30, he got out of bed, said he felt funny, and before I could get up, (I am sleeping on the LR floor on a mattress, LJ on the couch, since I won't leave hubs alone) he went down like a ton of bricks, hitting the fireplace, then taking out a fan. His eyes were rolled back, his body was in convulsions, and after about 15 seconds he came too very disoriented. I immediately called 911, as LJ began to vomit profusely all over the living room, then the bathroom, then the kitchen, he was so scared. I know I must have let out an awful shriek when it happened, I couldn't help it, it was terrifying. Some great friends, rushed to the house to wait with us for the ambulance. At about 230 this am, hubs came home. The ER doc did a CT scan and bloodwork, said all looked fine. He said he doesn't want to say it was a seizure with no proof, as they will pull hubs license. I am not so sure. I am NOT happy an EEG wasn't ordered, so I called Hub's PCP first thing this am. He has an appt with a vascular surgeon this am, then will see his PCP, and I am NOT leaving without and EEG for him!!! Will keep you all posted as soon as I know more.
Please keep us in your prayers. This has been a very rough couple of weeks for this family and we could use some better days!!!


  1. Heavens!!! It must be your turn for a much needed break! I know the waiting lists are long for the momma breaks but I will step aside... anyone else volunteer?